Rules, Regulations & Permits
The following is a summary of park regulations as defined by the Philadelphia Department of Parks and Recreation:
- Swimming is prohibited.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash no more than 6 feet long
- Littering and dumping are prohibited in all park areas
- The use of any motor vehicle is prohibited on all park trails
- The park curfew is 1:00 AM
- Intoxicating beverages are prohibited
- Bicycling is only permitted on trails designated for bicycling
- All park users must obey a 7 MPH speed limit
- Park users may not prune, spray, plant, cut down, break or remove any trees or other plants in the park
- Meeting or assemblies of 75 or more people require a permit from the Department of Parks and Recreation, except for normal park activities such as picnicking in designated picnic areas.
- All park users must stay on designated park trails.
- Bicyclists must yield the right of way to pedestrians on footpaths except during an organized bicyle race.
If you are an equestrian or plan to mountain bike on the trails, it is required you receive a Trail User Permit. Contact Philadelphia Parks & Recreation about obtaining a permit (http://www.phila.gov/ParksandRecreation).